This delicious Amish Friendship Starter And Bread is the perfect way to start a friendship! This recipe is easy to follow and makes enough for both outgoing and incoming neighbors. With a mix of milk, sugar, flour, oil, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, instant vanilla pudding, salt, and nuts, you’re sure to have a delicious, aromatic treat! Enjoy!
- 1 Cup ((room temperature)) - Milk
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 1 Cup ((room temperature)) - REGULAR Flour
- 1 cup - Oil
- 0.5 cup - Milk
- 3 - Eggs
- 1 tsp. - Vanilla
- 2 cups - Flour
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 1.5 tsp. - Baking powder
- 1 tsp. ((1 to 2)) - Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp. - Baking soda
- 1 box ((5.1 oz)) - Instant vanilla pudding
- 0.5 tsp. - Salt
- 1 cup - Nuts
- Mix the starter ingredients in a non-metallic bowl - glass or plastic is fine.
- Be sure to not use self-rising flour as the metal interferes with the chemical reaction that needs to take place. Use a plastic or wooden stirrer to mix until lumps are pea sized, but with none larger than a grape.
- Pour the mix into a 1 gallon freezer ziplock bag and make sure to never refrigerate or let metal touch the starter.
- Let starter sit in a quiet place, away from drafts or hot breezes.
- Squeeze the starter on days 2 through 9.
- On day 10, put the starter in a large glass bowl. Add 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Take out 3 cups of the starter and place 1 cup each into three separate plastic freezer bags and give one bag and a copy of the starter care and feeding instructions to three friends.
- To the remaining starter, add 1 cup oil, ½ cup milk, 3 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the following dry ingredients and mix well: 2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1 or 2 tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. baking soda, 1 box instant vanilla pudding, ½ tsp. salt and 1 cup nuts.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into two well greased and sugared bread pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
This Amish Friendship Starter And Bread recipe is perfect to make enough for both outgoing and incoming neighbors. With its delicious mix of ingredients, you’re sure to have a sweet, pleasant aroma while baking! Enjoy the aromatic treat and let the welcoming of your new friends begin!