This Asian-style glazed chicken and stir fry vegetables will tantalize your taste buds. It’s a delicious and flavourful dish that combines the flavors of artichokes, olives and thyme. Enjoy this Asian-style stir-fry with cooked white or brown rice for a complete meal.
For 4 people
- 3 tablespoons - Cornstarch
- 1 can - Nonfat chicken broth
- 0.33 cup - Honey
- 0.25 cup - Cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons - Soy sauce
- 0.08 teaspoon - Crushed red pepper
- 4 pieces - Skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup - Thinly sliced carrots
- 8 ounces - Sliced waterchestnuts
- 2 cups - Snow peas
- 4 cups - Cooked white rice or brown rice
- Mix the cornstarch, broth, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and pepper together in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and add the chicken. Cook until it is browned on both sides.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture as well as the carrots and water chestnuts into the pan. Cook the mixture until it boils and thickens while stirring. Reduce the heat and cover the pan. Allow the chicken to cook for 5 minutes or until done.
- Stir in the snow peas and serve the dish with white or brown rice.
This delicious Asian-style glazed chicken and stir fry vegetables dish is easy to make, and it’s a great way to add some flavor to your meal. Enjoy this dish as part of a complete meal with cooked white or brown rice. With the combination of artichokes, olives and thyme, this dish has a distinctive Mediterranean accent.