This savory baked flounder dish is a great way to incorporate a variety of vegetables into a meal. The combination of the vegetables, sherry, lemon juice, salt, basil, pepper, pepper sauce and Parmesan cheese create a delicious flavor. It’s easy to prepare and can serve 4 people. Serve over rice for a complete meal.
For 4 people
- 1 pound - Flounder fillets
- 1 cup - Onions
- 3 cups - Zucchini
- 1 cup - Green peppers
- 0.75 cup - Chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons - Dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon - Lemon juice
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon - Ground basil
- 0.25 teaspoon - Black pepper
- 1 dash - Hot pepper sauce
- 0.25 cup - Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the flounder fillets into serving sized pieces.
- Place the flounder fillets in a greased 9-inch baking dish.
- Saute the onions, zucchini and green peppers until crisp-tender, then spoon over the fillets.
- Top with tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sherry, lemon juice, salt, basil, pepper and pepper sauce then pour over the fillets.
- Bake the dish in a preheated 350-degree oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and fish to a heated platter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve over rice and pour any pan juices over the fish and vegetables as desired.
This recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy fish and vegetables. It is versatile and can be easily doubled to serve a larger crowd. It can also be adapted to include different vegetables or to use other types of fish. Enjoy!