Focaccia is a classic Italian flatbread that is filled with flavor and aroma. This traditional and rustic bread is a staple of Italian cuisine, and it is great for any occasion. With a simple, easy-to-follow recipe, you can make a wonderful focaccia bread that will be the star of any meal. Using just a few simple ingredients, this focaccia is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
- 1 1/2 cups - Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp - Sugar
- 1 Pkg - Yeast
- 3 1/4 cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp - Salt
- 2 Tbsp - Olive Oil
- 1 - Roma Tomato
- 2 Tbsp - Chiffonade Of Basil
- 1/4 cups - Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar in the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast over that mixture and let stand for 10 minutes, to bloom (it should begin to foam).
- In the mixer bowl with the dough hook attached, add 3 cups of flour, salt and yeast mixture. Slowly turn it on and work the dough together. Turn it up to medium and mix for 5 minutes.
- If the dough is sticky, continue mixing and gradually add the remaining flour. Place this smooth ball of dough into an oiled bowl, cover and set aside to rise for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Punch down the dough, and remove it from the bowl onto a lightly oiled, 9 x 13-inch sheet tray. Spread the dough out onto the sheet tray.
- Using your fingertips, make 'dimples' in the dough. Drizzle the dough with olive oil, sprinkle on the basil, spread out the tomato slices, sprinkle on the cheese and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
This classic Italian flatbread recipe is simple to make and delicious to eat. With just a few basic ingredients, you can create a unique and flavorful focaccia that is sure to please everyone. Enjoy this focaccia as part of a meal or as an appetizer. Enjoy!