This healthy and delicious Basil Baked Cod recipe comes from Shirl Hall, from the Heiltsuk Cultural Centre in British Columbia. If you’re looking for a quick and easy recipe that won’t take a lot of time to prepare, this is the dish for you! Cod is a popular fish, full of omega-3 fatty acids, and when combined with the other ingredients like lemon juice, onion powder, dried basil, and red bell pepper, it creates an unforgettable flavor. Learn how to prepare this dish in just 15 minutes with these simple steps!
- 1 lb - Cod
- 1 tablespoon - Lemon Juice
- 0.25 teaspoon - Onion Powder
- 0.5 teaspoon - Dried Basil
- 0.5 - Red Bell Pepper - Thin slices
- Place the cod in a baking dish.
- Melt margarine and mix in the lemon juice and pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle the onion powder and basil over the cod.
- Garnish with bell pepper slices.
- Cover the dish and bake at 400℉ (204℃) for 10 - 15 minutes or until the fish flakes when tested with a fork.
This recipe is a great way to get a healthy and delicious meal on the table in no time! Not only is it easy to prepare, but it’s also full of flavor thanks to the combination of cod, lemon juice, onion powder, dried basil, and red bell pepper. Give it a try and see for yourself!