This delicious and healthy soup is made with freshly shelled peas, green onions, and other fresh ingredients. The subtle hint of sherry and fresh tarragon bring out the flavor of the peas and make a light and refreshing soup that can be served as an appetizer or as a meal. Perfect for hot summer days!
- 2 - Green onions
- 1 tablespoon - Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon - Dry sherry
- 2 cups - Shelled peas
- 1.5 cups - Water
- 0.75 cup - Skim milk
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 teaspoon - Fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon - Snipped fresh chives or mint
- In a large saucepan, soften the green onions with a splash of sherry.
- Add the peas and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes until the peas are tender.
- Let cool slightly. Transfer the mixture to a blender and add the milk, salt, pepper, and, if desired, another splash of sherry.
- Puree until smooth. Remove the skins by pressing through a sieve.
- Return the soup to the saucepan to warm gently. Stir in the tarragon and serve, garnished with chives or mint.
This light and refreshing bisque is a perfect summer soup. Enjoy it as an appetizer or as a meal. The subtle sherry and tarragon flavor make it a unique and delicious soup that will be sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!