This soup is a hearty, healthy and low-calorie meal that is perfect for a crowd. It also has a great flavor, thanks to the combination of black beans and spices. Best of all, it can be cooked in the crockpot, so you can put it in and let it cook while you’re away. You can also adjust the ingredients to your preference, without compromising the flavor. Learn how to make this black bean soup recipe and impress your guests.
For 8 people
- 2 cups - Black beans
- 2.5 quarts - Water
- 2 tablespoons - Chicken bouillon cube
- 0.25 cup - Bacon bits - imitation
- 1 pinch - Mustard powder
- 1 cup - Onion - minced
- 0.5 cup - Celery - minced
- 0.5 ounce - Butter buds (r)- dry
- 0.5 ounce - Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons - Red wine
- Soak beans in water for 4 hours or overnight. Do not drain.
- Add all remaining ingredients except Butter Buds, lemon juice and wine. Cook for 2-3 hours until beans are soft and mushy.
- Blend if you prefer a smooth soup, then return to pan.
- Just before serving, mix wine with lemon juice and whisk in Butter Buds. Add to hot beans.
- Serve for 8 people and enjoy!
This soup is an easy-to-cook, flavorful, and healthy meal that can be cooked in the crockpot. You can also adjust the ingredients to your preference without compromising the flavor. Give this black bean soup recipe a try and enjoy it with your guests and family. Bon appétit!