Are you looking for an easy gift idea for a special occasion? Cake in a coffee cup is the perfect solution. This recipe is very simple and you can use any flavor of cake mix and pudding mix you like. You just need a coffee cup, cake mix, a pudding mix, egg white, oil, water, and a powdered sugar glaze mix. It’s a great way to make someone feel special, and you can customize it with different flavors and decorations.
For 1 people
- 1 - Cake mix, any flavor
- 1 - Instant pudding mix, not sugar free, any flavor (4 serving size)
- 1 - Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- 1 tbsp - Water
- 1/3 cup - Powdered sugar [*diabetics use powdered sugar replacement]
- 1 1/2 tsp - Dry flavoring (such as powdered lemonade mix [*diabetics use sugar free], powdered orange breakfast drink mix [*diabetics use sugar free Tang], cocoa powder)
- 1 1/2 tsp - Water for glaze mix
- Place the dry cake mix and dry pudding mix into a large bowl and blend together with a whisk. This will make 8-9 coffee cup cake mixes. Place 1/2 cup of the dry mix into a sandwich bag and tie it in a corner.
- Select a large coffee cup that can hold 1 1/2 cups of water. The cup cannot have any metallic paint on it since it will be used in the microwave.
- Paint the cup if desired. DecoArt Ultra Gloss Acrylic Enamel is one brand of craft paint that can be made dishwasher safe by baking the painted cup in the oven.
- Mix the powdered sugar, dry flavoring, and vanilla powder together in a sandwich bag and tie it in a corner. Label the bag "Glaze Mix".
- Place the cake mix bag and glaze mix bag in each coffee cup.
- Generously spray the inside of the coffee cup with cooking spray. Empty the contents of the large packet into the cup. Add the egg white, oil, and water to the dry mix in the cup and mix for 15 seconds, making sure to mix in all the dry mix.
- Microwave on full power for 2 minutes. While the cake is cooking, put the glaze mix ingredients into a small container and add 1 1/2 tsp of water. Mix together.
- Once the cake is done, pour the glaze over the cake in the cup. Enjoy while warm.
This cake in a coffee cup is an easy gift idea that anyone can make. It’s perfect for special occasions and it’s a great way to make someone feel special. With this recipe, you can make all kinds of flavors to suit everyone’s tastes. Plus, you can decorate the cups with paint and make them look as nice as a regular cake. Try it and see how it works for you!