This creamy and delicious cauliflower soup recipe is the perfect way to enjoy a hearty and healthy meal. It’s low in fat, full of flavor, and so easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and about 30 minutes to prepare this soup. It’s perfect for lunch or dinner, and it will make your taste buds happy!
- 1 Tbsp. - Canola oil
- 1 small - Onion
- 2 - Leeks
- 4 cups - Cauliflower flowerets
- 1 - Potato
- 6 cups - Vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. - Butter
- White pepper
- 4 slices - Country bread
- 1/2 cup - Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. - Chopped fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add leeks; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables soften and begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and potato; cook, stirring often, until cauliflower begins to soften, 5 to 7 minutes more. (If vegetables start to stick, add a little water).
- Add broth and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree. If the soup seems too thick, add hot water to achieve desired consistency. Stir in butter.
- Divide toasts among 8 soup plates. Sprinkle with cheese and ladle soup over toast. Garnish with parsley and serve.
This low-fat vegan cauliflower soup is a great way to enjoy a hearty and healthy meal. Made with simple ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes, it’s perfect for both lunch and dinner. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, making this a great meal to prepare in advance. Make this delicious soup today and enjoy it with your family and friends!