This spicy and zingy orange onion salad is made with avocado, cucumber, and red onion, and is dressed in a tangy chili dressing. It’s a tasty and healthy side dish, or you can make it a main dish by adding cooked shrimp or chicken. No matter how you serve it, it’s sure to be a hit with your friends!
- Place lettuce in a large, shallow salad bowl.
- Arrange shrimp, onion, and cucumber on lettuce.
- With a short, sharp knife, cut peel and white membrane from oranges. Cut oranges crosswise into 1/4" thick slices; arrange on salad.
- Peel and pit avocado, thinly slice lengthwise, and place slices on salad.
- Pour dressing over salad and gently mix.