When the summer days get hot and humid, it’s time to find a delicious and refreshing way to cool off. This summer strawberry soup is the perfect solution. This easy and straightforward recipe yields a deliciously sweet and savory soup that will tantalize your taste buds and beat the summer heat. All you need is some fresh strawberries, buttermilk, orange juice, lemon, mint and yogurt! Serve chilled and garnish with fresh mint sprigs to really impress your guests.
For 4 people
- 1 qt - Fresh strawberries
- 2 cup - Water
- 1/2 cup - Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup - Fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp - Chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup - Brown sugar
- 5 tbsps - Plain yogurt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Mint sprigs
- In a stainless-steel or enameled saucepan, combine all ingredients except the yogurt and mint garnish. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly before transferring to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth and chill thoroughly.
- Serve the soup chilled and swirl 1 tablespoon of yogurt into each bowl. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs for a pretty presentation.
This summer strawberry soup is the perfect way to cool off and enjoy the delicious flavors of summer. The combination of strawberries, mint and yogurt make this soup both sweet and savory. Serve chilled and garnish with mint sprigs for a truly special summer treat! This soup will quickly become a part of your regular summer meal rotation.