Lasagne is a classic Italian dish that is perfect for cozy family dinners. This eggplant and spinach lasagne variation has all the delicious flavors and is a great vegetarian alternative. The creamy ricotta and feta cheese give it a cozy and comforting taste. This dish is easy to assemble and can be made in no time.
- 1 package - Frozen spinach
- 1 medium - Eggplant
- 1 cup - Lowfat ricotta cheese
- 0.25 cup - Feta cheese
- 1 - Egg or egg white
- 16 ounces - Tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons - Parmesan cheese
- Italian spices
- Thinly slice the eggplant lengthwise and sprinkle lightly with salt. Set aside to rest.
- Mix the drained spinach with the ricotta, feta, egg and spices.
- Rinse the eggplant and pat dry. Place it in an 8x8 glass casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick, to make a layer of eggplant (3 or 4 slices).
- Spread out the spinach mixture over the eggplant. Repeat this process 1 or 2 times, until the eggplant and spinach are used up and the top layer is spinach.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the top and let it trickle down into the sides.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top, if desired.
- Bake the lasagne in a 375 degree oven for 35-45 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center goes through easily.
- Allow the lasagne to rest for about five minutes before serving.
This lasagne is a comforting and easy-to-make meal that the whole family will love. It’s a great vegetarian dish and can be served for lunch or dinner. The eggplant and spinach combination gives it a unique flavor and texture, and it can easily be customized with different veggies or cheeses. Enjoy this eggplant and spinach lasagne as a delicious and hearty meal.