This creamy and flavourful fish and potato pie is sure to be a hit with your family and friends! The creamy white sauce and chunks of haddock are perfectly complemented by the cheesy potato crust. You can make this dish in under 15 minutes and it’s sure to be a hit with everyone. Serve it with a side of rice or pasta and a dark green vegetable for a complete meal. Finish it off with some delicious fruit for dessert.
- 8 oz ounces (peeled) - Potatoes
- 5 oz ounces - Broccoli Florets
- 9 oz ounces (seasoned lightly with tomato vermouth and chive) - Fat-free White Sauce
- 10 oz ounces (cut into chunks) - Haddock
- 1 oz ounce - Shredded Lowfat Cheddar Cheese
- Scrub a thin-skinned potato or two and cook on high in a microwave for about 8 minutes or until cooked yet firm. Set aside to cool.
- Steam broccoli florets in the microwave until al dente; slightly cooked and bright green. Drain.
- Meanwhile, empty the sauce into a pan and heat through. Add fish and cook until fish is cooked and tender, adding the broccoli during the last minute to combine.
- Pour the ingredients into a shallow flameproof casserole or two casserole for individual servings. Slice the potato (slightly thinner than 1/4-inch). Lay the potato slices on top of the stew. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Grill until golden.
This easy-to-make fish and potato pie is a delicious and comforting dish. The creamy white sauce, chunks of haddock, and cheesy potato crust make it the perfect meal. Serve it with rice or pasta and a dark green vegetable for a complete meal, or a fruit dessert to finish it off. Enjoy!