Love the classic home style dish of hash but want to try something a little different? Try this delicious Crispy Chicken Hash recipe. It’s made with potatoes, chicken, onion, red bell pepper, and herbs. It’s a great way to enjoy a home style dish for dinner or brunch. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make and the nutritional values are low enough to make it a great option for those on a Weight Watchers diet.
For 4 people
- 5 cups - Frozen hash brown potatoes - thawed
- 2 cups - Chopped cooked chicken breast
- 0.25 cup - Fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon - Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large - Chopped onion
- 1 large - Chopped red bell pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon - Dried sage
- 0.5 teaspoon - Black pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 tablespoon - Oil
- 1 - Ketchup or salsa
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, chicken, broth, Worcestershire sauce, onion, red bell pepper, sage, pepper, and salt.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the hash mixture and press it down to the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat. Use a spatula to loosen the crusty bottom of the hash and press it back down.
- Repeat this process two or three times for a total cooking time of 20 minutes, or until the hash is golden.
- Serve with ketchup or salsa.
This chicken hash is a great way to make a delicious home style dish for dinner or brunch. It’s quick and easy to make and is low in nutritional values, making it a great option for those on a Weight Watchers diet. Try this recipe today and enjoy the delicious taste of a classic dish with a twist!