Cinnamon Biscotti is a wonderful Italian cookie that is exceptionally crunchy and has a light, sweet flavor. It is perfect for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack, as well as adding a special touch to an afternoon tea. This recipe is easy to make and yields delicious and crispy cookies in no time. Serve them with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the heavenly taste of these delightful cookies!
For 1 people
- 2 1/2 Cups - Flour
- 3/4 Cup - Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp. - Baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp. - Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. - Salt
- 3 Large - Eggs
- 2 Tbsp. - Stick margarine
- 2 Tsp. - Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup - Cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. - Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp. - Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, margarine and vanilla. Stir with a whisk. Add to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly 10 times. Shape the dough into a 16-inch roll and place it on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Flatten the roll to a 3/4-inch thickness.
- Combine the remaining 2 tbsp. of sugar and 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle the mixture over the roll. Place the roll in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the roll from the baking sheet and let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Cut the roll diagonally into 24 (1/2-inch) slices. Place cut sides down on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip the slices over and bake for an additional 10 minutes. The cookies should be slightly soft in the center but will harden as they cool. Remove from the baking sheet and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Cinnamon Biscotti is a delicious crunchy cookie with a light, sweet flavor. This recipe is easy to make and yields great results. All you need is a few ingredients and a little bit of patience and you’ll have delicious cookies in no time. Enjoy the heavenly taste of these delightful cookies and make sure to share them with your friends and family!