This Chicken, Corn and Pasta Soup is a hearty and delicious dish perfect for any occasion. It is easy to make, uses only simple ingredients and is healthy and nutritious at the same time. The chicken and corn provide a great flavor while the pasta gives it an added texture and dimension. This comforting and delicious soup is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
For 6 people
- 12 cups - Water
- 1 cup - Chopped Carrots
- 0.75 cup - Chopped Celery
- 8 tablespoons - Nonfat Veg Chicken Broth, Low Sod -- or Nonfat Chicken Bouillon
- 3 cups - Corn Kernels
- 4 - Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast Halves -- or Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 teaspoons - Canola Oil
- 1 cup - Orzo
- 1 small - Onion -- Chopped
- 6 ounces - Penne Pasta
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and sauté in a pan with 2 teaspoons of canola oil.
- Transfer the chicken to a large soup pot and add the water, vegetarian chicken bouillon powder, chopped carrots, chopped celery, and corn kernels.
- Cook the soup for about 1 hour over medium-low heat.
- Add the orzo to the soup pot and cook for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne pasta in a separate pot of boiling salted water. When it is finished, drain it and add the pasta to the soup pot.
This soup was filling, flavorful and very simple to make. The chicken, corn, and pasta all worked together to create a delicious and comforting dish. The aroma was wonderful and it was well received by everyone that tried it! This soup is sure to become a favorite in your home!