If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to incorporate fresh corn into a meal, this corn pudding is the perfect option. It’s a simple dessert or side dish that is sure to be a hit at any dinner party. It’s easy to make and can be made in advance. The combination of cream, milk, eggs, and fresh corn results in a comforting, flavorful pudding with just a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. Give this recipe a try today!
- 4 - Eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons - Butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon - Sugar
- 1 tablespoon - Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon - Vanilla extract
- 1 pinch - Ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch - Nutmeg
- 2 cups - Fresh corn, 4 medium ears
- 1 cup - Light cream
- 1 cup - Milk
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored, 5-8 minutes.
- Add butter, sugars, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add corn. Stir in cream and milk.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cover loosely during last 10 minutes of baking if necessary to prevent overbrowning.
Your delicious corn pudding is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it hot, as a side dish, or chilled as a dessert. This recipe is sure to be a hit at any gathering. It’s easy to make and can be made in advance. If you don’t want to use fresh corn, you can also use frozen corn. Enjoy!