Nothing beats a homemade dinner roll. These hot dinner rolls are incredibly soft, light and fluffy and taste just like a bakery. These comforting rolls are great for dinner, snacks, lunch boxes or just about any time you’re in need of a warm and delicious treat.
- 2 cups - Scalded milk
- 1/2 cup - Sugar
- 2 tsp. - Salt
- 2 - Eggs
- 4 tablespoons - Butter
- 2 pkgs. - Dry yeast
- 4 cups - Flour
- 1 cup - Cooked strained squash
- Beat the eggs and add the sugar, salt, butter and squash.
- Over the mixture pour the hot milk and stir until the butter is melted.
- When the mixture is cooled to lukewarm, add the yeast.
- Work in the flour, just enough that the dough can be worked without being too sticky.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Let the dough rise until it has doubled in size.
- Work the dough onto greased pans.
- For cloverleaf rolls, put 3 little balls of dough into each muffin tin cup.
- For regular rolls, place on a cookie sheet or pan, approximately 1/2 inch apart.
- Let the rolls rise until double.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown and brush with butter.
These delicious hot dinner rolls are perfect for any night of the week. Serve them with a warm pat of butter and a side of soup or stew and enjoy the flavor of freshly baked bread in the comfort of your own home.