This homemade Hot Pepper Jelly is a great condiment to serve with meats, meats, cheeses and so much more! It is a perfect combination of sweet and spicy. This recipe is easy and produces a delicious homemade jelly to enjoy all year long. Enjoy!
For 10 cups people
- 1/2 cup of Red Chili Peppers - hot, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of Green Chili Peppers - hot, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of Onion - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of Vinegar
- 5 cups of Sugar
- 2 pouches of Pectin - liquid
- Combine the red chili peppers, green chili peppers and onion in a food processor or blender, and process until very fine.
- Pour sugar into a heavy non-aluminum pot, add the processed pepper mix, and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, remove from heat, and add the pectin.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then remove the foam with a slotted spoon.
- Ladle the jelly into sterilized jars and seal.
- Turn the jars upside down occasionally to keep the peppers mixed until the jelly is cool and set.
This tasty and spicy hot pepper jelly is a great condiment to serve with all kinds of dishes! It makes a great gift for family and friends too. Enjoy this delicious homemade hot pepper jelly now!