This is a simple and flavorful oven-roasted vegetable dish featuring beets, carrots and garlic. The combination of lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper make this side dish stand out from the rest. It’s the perfect accompaniment to any meal.
For 6 people
- 3 - Beets (peeled)
- 3 - Carrots (peeled)
- 6 cloves - Garlic (sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons - Lemon juice (fresh)
- 1/4 teaspoon - Lemon zest (fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon - Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch - Salt
- 1 pinch - White pepper (freshly ground)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a 8 inch square non-reactive baking dish, combine all ingredients and toss together.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When beets and carrots are soft, remove from oven and serve.
This easy and delicious recipe is a great way to enjoy beets and carrots. The combination of lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and seasonings adds a ton of flavor to this healthy side dish. Enjoy it as an accompaniment to your favorite meal – perfect for those rainy days!