Minestrone soup is a traditional Italian dish that is easy to make and very nutritious. It is typically made with vegetables such as tomatoes, onions, carrots, celery, peas, and cabbage. It is usually served with bread or pasta, and can be topped with cheese for extra flavor. With its combination of healthy vegetables and fiber-rich ingredients, minestrone soup is a great way to get in essential nutrients and fill up without feeling guilty. This recipe is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a big bowl of delicious minestrone soup.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently for 4-5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the garlic, carrots, and celery and cook for a few minutes more.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and spaghetti. Bring to a boil and then cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas, cabbage, leek, basil, and parsley and simmer gently for 20 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into warm bowls and sprinkle a teaspoon of parmesan cheese on top of each. Serve immediately.