This delectable Pennsylvania Dutch Cowboy Breakfast Casserole is a classic dish that originated in the PA Dutch country. The savory combination of eggs, sausage, cheese, milk, and seasonings make this dish one of the most delicious breakfasts that you’ll ever have. It is a simple yet flavorful casserole that can be enjoyed at breakfast, brunch, or even dinner. With a few simple ingredients and a few steps, you can have a flavorful and comforting meal that everyone in the family will love.
For 6 people
- 6 large - Eggs
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 2 slices - White bread
- 1 cup - Sharp/mild cheddar shreds
- 2 cups - Milk
- 1 teaspoon - Dry mustard
- 1 pound - Sausage
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and mustard and mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Grease the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Add a layer of cubed bread, followed by the sausage and then the cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Cover the dish and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the casserole for 45 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
This Pennsylvania Dutch Cowboy Breakfast Casserole is sure to be a family favorite for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. The savory blend of eggs, sausage, cheese, milk, and seasonings make this a delicious and comforting meal for any time of day. With a few simple ingredients and steps, this casserole is sure to become a staple in your home.