Lasagna rolls are a classic Italian dish that make for a great dinner for any night of the week. This version uses seafood ingredients like lump crabmeat and cottage cheese to create a gourmet seafood lasagna roll that will be sure to please the whole family. It is also low in fat and high in protein, making it a nutritious dish that is still indulgently delicious. Serve it with a side salad or steamed veggies for a complete meal.
For 4 people
- 8 - Lasagna noodles
- 2 cups - Lowfat cottage cheese
- 8 oz - Lump crabmeat
- 0.25 cup - Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups - Skim milk
- 0.25 cup - Flour
- 0.25 cup - Grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 teaspoon - Fresh ground pepper
- 0.5 cup - Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions, making sure to not add salt.
- In a blender or food processor, process cottage cheese until smooth. In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, crab, and 3 tablespoons of parsley. Mix well.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together milk and flour. Simmer over medium-low heat, whisking frequently, until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Whisk in Parmesan and pepper until smooth.
- Spread some of the sauce into a medium baking pan. Spoon cottage cheese mix evenly down the center of each lasagna noodle and roll up tightly. Place noodles, seam-side down, in prepared pan.
- Spoon remaining sauce on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese. Bake the rolls until heated through, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
This delicious seafood lasagna roll dish is the perfect meal to enjoy on any night of the week. It’s made with wholesome, healthy ingredients and is low in fat and full of protein. Serve these rolls with your favorite side dishes for a complete meal that will please everyone at the table.