This homemade strawberry rhubarb pie is an absolute classic. Everyone loves the combination of sweet and tart flavors that the combination of strawberry and rhubarb provides. And with this easy to follow recipe, you’ll create a delicious pie that’s sure to be a hit with family and friends. Plus, the low fat version of this dish makes it a healthier dessert option.
- 3 - Egg Beaters(r) 99% egg substitute -- or equivalent egg, beaten
- 1.25 cups - Sugar
- 0.25 cup - Flour -- Enriched
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.5 teaspoon - Nutmeg
- 2.5 cups - Rhubarb -- red, 1" slices
- 1.5 cups - Strawberries -- fresh, sliced
- 1 - 9 inch pie crust -- lattice crust
- 1 tablespoon - Butter or margarine
- Combine the eggs, sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg in a bowl and mix together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rhubarb and strawberries.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with the pastry, then fill with the fruit mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the fruit.
- Dot the top of the pie with butter or margarine.
- Top the pie with a lattice crust, and crimp the edges high.
- Bake the pie in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 40 minutes.
- Once the pie is done, fill any openings in the lattice crust with whole strawberries.
This delicious and flavorful strawberry rhubarb pie will be a hit with your family. Serve it warm either plain or topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious and healthy treat. Enjoy!