This refreshing Thai Carrot Salad with Peanuts is the perfect lunch or side dish. It’s easy to prepare and combines grated carrots with a flavorful vinaigrette with optional chopped peanuts for a unique flavor. Serve it at your next gathering and be prepared to be asked for the recipe!
For 6 people
- 1/4 cup - Rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp - Fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp - Fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp - Grated orange zest
- 1 Tbsp - Chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbsp - Pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp - Red chili flakes
- 3 cups - Grated carrots
- 1 Cup - Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Finely chopped fresh mint (garnish)
- In a food processor, blend all the vinaigrette ingredients. Add the chili flakes last, adding them a little at a time to taste.
- Wash the carrots with a brush and grate into a large bowl. Add half the dressing, saving the rest for another use. (It will keep, refrigerated, for up to 1 week.)
- Marinate the salad for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped peanuts and mint.
This Thai Carrot Salad with Peanuts recipe is easy to prepare and sure to be a hit with the whole family. The addition of optional chopped peanuts adds a unique flavor to the salad. Serve it at your next gathering and be prepared to be asked for the recipe! For a nutritious and delicious side dish, this Thai Carrot Salad is sure to be a winner!