This English Muffin Bread is a delicious no-fat breakfast that takes only a few minutes to prepare using a bread machine. It is perfect for those mornings when you don’t have time to make a big breakfast. To make it even better, top it off with some marmalade for a sweet treat. The bread will have a flat or slightly concave top and a wonderful texture. If you are around during the final rising, sprinkle a little yellow cornmeal on the top for a nice touch.
- 2 tsp - Active Dry Yeast
- 3 cups - Bread Flour
- 3 tbsp - Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 0.25 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 2 tsp - Sugar
- 1.25 cup - Hot Water
- Place all the ingredients in the bread machine in the order specified by your machine’s instructions. Select the recipe for French, White, or Basic Bread and start the machine.
- Once the dough is ready, transfer it to a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Allow it to rise until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Punch it down and shape it into a rectangle. Cut the dough into 15 pieces and roll each piece into a round ball.
- Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover with a damp cloth, and allow to rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
English Muffin Bread is a quick and delicious bread with a slight crunchy top and a wonderfully soft texture inside. This easy bread is perfect for those busy mornings when you just don’t have time. To make it even better, top it off with some marmalade for a sweet treat. Give this recipe a shot today and you won’t be disappointed!