If you’re looking for an easy fall comfort food dish that will add a spicy kick to your meal, look no further than this Fall Fruit Chutney. Combining pears, onions, cranberries, apricots, raisins and spices, this condiment is sure to be a hit with everyone. It’s quick and easy to make and can be enjoyed warm or chilled. Make it up to two days ahead of time and serve it as a condiment or side dish at your next dinner party.
For 1 people
- 3 whole - Pears
- 1 small - Onion
- 1 cup - Cranberries
- 1/2 cup - Dried apricots
- 1/2 cup - Raisins
- 1/2 cup - Light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup - Cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon - Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon - Ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon - Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until fruit is tender and mixture has thickened. This should take about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
- This chutney can be made up to two days ahead. Reheat before serving for best results.
This Fall Fruit Chutney is an incredibly flavorful and unique condiment that everyone can enjoy. The combination of sweet and savory ingredients gives it a depth of flavor that you won’t find in many other dishes. Enjoy it warm or chilled and make it up to two days ahead of time for maximum convenience. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!