Nothing beats a classic pilaf dish for a side dish or main course. Bulgur wheat is the perfect grain for pilaf and is packed with protein and dietary fiber. This pilaf recipe is easy to make and can be served as an accompaniment or main course. It’s vegan, vegetarian, and packed with flavor. You’ll love the mix of onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, parsley, and soy sauce that make this pilaf so delicious.
- 6 ounces - Bulgur
- 1 teaspoon - Oil
- 1 - Onion - chopped
- 1 - Red bell pepper - cored and diced
- 4 ounces - Sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon - Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon - Low sodium soy sauce
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the bulgur wheat and cook for 10 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Stir in the cooked bulgur, parsley, and soy sauce. Heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the pilaf hot as an accompaniment or main course.
This flavorful bulgur pilaf is the perfect side dish for any occasion. It is vegan, vegetarian, and packed with fiber. Enjoy this flavorful pilaf as an accompaniment or main course. Serve it with your favorite vegetables or proteins for a delicious and healthy meal.