It is hard to find an easier, healthier and more delicious way to make snacks than these Parmesan cheese straws. Just 15 minutes of preparation time and 10 minutes of cooking time, and you can have a delicious snack or appetizer ready! Sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese and chili pepper, these cheese straws are sure to make your guests happy. And, with just a few ingredients, they are cheap too!
- 1/2 cup - Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons - Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - Ground cumin
- 3 sheets - Phyllo dough
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a large nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix the cheese, chili powder and cumin. Place the sheets of phyllo on a work surface and cover them with a damp towel.
- Remove the first sheet and place it with the short side toward you. Coat with nonstick cooking spray, then sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture. Fold the phyllo in half to form a 12 by 8 1/2-inch rectangle. Spray the phyllo again and sprinkle with 2 more teaspoons of the cheese mixture. Fold in half again to form a 6 by 8 1/2-inch rectangle. Spray the phyllo again and sprinkle with 2 more teaspoons of the cheese mixture. Fold in half again to form a 6 by 4 1/4-inch rectangle. Spray again and sprinkle with just a bit of the cheese mixture. With a serrated knife, cut into 8 short strips. Transfer the strips to the baking sheet, placing them about 1/2-inch apart.
- Repeat the process 2 more times to make 24 cheese straws. Bake until the cheese straws are crisp and golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
These Parmesan cheese straws are a great and delicious way to enjoy a snack or appetizer. They are very easy and quick to make, and with just a few ingredients, they are also healthy and cheap! Serve them as snacks for your family or friends, or as appetizers for your next party. Enjoy!