If you’re looking for an easy way to enjoy a flavorful, healthy breakfast, look no further than these delicious cornmeal waffles. Made with whole wheat flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and egg whites, these waffles are a great way to start your day with a nutritious meal. They are low in calories and fat, and are packed with fiber, protein and other important nutrients. They are also easy to make and can be prepared in a few minutes.
- 1 cup - Whole wheat flour
- 1.5 cups - Cornmeal
- 2.5 tablespoons - Sugar
- 2 tablespoons - Baking powder
- 0.75 teaspoons - Baking soda
- 0.5 cup - Egg beaters
- 1.75 cups - Nonfat buttermilk
- Coat a waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and preheat at medium heat.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda; stir well. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high for 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add buttermilk to flour mixture, and stir well. Gently stir in egg whites.
- Spoon batter onto waffle iron. Let cook for 5-7 minutes.
These delicious cornmeal waffles are a filling and nutritious breakfast option. They are low in calories and fat, and packed with fiber, protein and other important nutrients. Plus, they are super easy to make and can be prepared in a few minutes. Enjoy them with your favorite toppings or syrup of choice for a flavorful and satisfying breakfast!