Do you want to make a delicious and healthy bread? Try this wheat germ and olive oil bread recipe. It’s so quick and easy to make, you’ll be enjoying its amazing aromas and flavors in no time. It’s perfect for breakfast, snacks or even to accompany a meal. Give it a try!
- 1 envelope - Dry yeast
- 0.25 cup - Lukewarm water
- 0.25 cup - Honey
- 1.25 cup - Hot water
- 1 tablespoon - Salt
- 3 cups - Flour
- 0.75 cup - Wheat germ
- 0.25 cup - Olive oil
- In a bowl, combine the yeast, lukewarm water and honey. Let it sit for a few minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Mix the hot water with the salt and let it cool to lukewarm. Add the mixture to the yeast mixture.
- Mix the flour and wheat germ in a separate bowl, then pour it over the yeast mixture. Mix everything together.
- Pour the olive oil over the dough and mix it very well. Beat the dough in a kneading motion for 5 minutes.
- Put the dough in a bowl filled with warm water and let it rise. Cover it with a tea towel.
- Once the dough has risen, put it in an oiled bread pan and let it rise again in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the dough for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake it 25 minutes more.
- If desired, put a pan of water on the bottom of the oven before the high-temperature baking.
- If the bread does not pop out of the pan nicely, let it sit for 10 minutes, and it should release nicely.
Your wheat germ and olive oil bread is now ready! Enjoy it fresh out of the oven for the best experience. Serve it with butter and jam or cheese for a delicious meal. You can also store it for a few days in an airtight container and enjoy it whenever you want. Bon Appétit!