Iced cinnamon buns are a delicious and easy way to make a sweet treat. This recipe is simple and can be done in a few easy steps, making it perfect for beginners! Enjoy these delicious homemade buns with your family and friends.
For 1 people
- 2 cups - Flour
- 1/4 cups - Sugar
- 1 Tbsp - Baking powder
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 1 tsp - Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp - Soda
- 1/3 cups - Shortening
- 1/2 cups - Raisins
- 3/4 cups - Buttermilk
- 1/2 cups - Powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp - Melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon - Evaporated milk
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and soda. Mix all dry ingredients together until evenly blended.
- Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the raisins.
- Add the buttermilk and stir just until the mixture is moistened.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead it only 5 or 6 times.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut out 2 inch rounds using a biscuit cutter and place them on a greased baking sheet or 8 inch pie pans.
- Bake the buns at 425 degrees for 13 to 18 minutes until they are golden brown. Let them cool slightly before frosting them with the icing.
- To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, and enough milk to make a spreadable consistency. Drizzle the icing over the buns and serve warm.
These homemade iced cinnamon buns are a delightful treat for any occasion! Enjoy this delicious sweet treat in only a few easy steps. Enjoy these homemade buns with your family and friends for a delicious dessert that everyone will love!