This hot and sour salmon dish is a flavorful and healthy dinner. The combination of sweet and sour flavors is delicious and makes for a great meal. Serve it with steamed rice for a complete dinner. The salmon is steamed with vegetables and a tasty soy sauce and sugar dressing. The bok choy and scallions add a nice touch of freshness and flavor. Enjoy this scrumptious hot and sour salmon with greens for a delectable meal!
- 2 1/2 pounds - Bok choy
- 8 whole - Scallions
- 3 tablespoons - Fresh ginger
- 6 tablespoons - Soy sauce
- 3 1/2 tablespoons - Chinese black vinegar or Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup - Sugar
- 2 tablespoons - Minced garlic
- 6 - Salmon steaks
- Trim the tough outer leaves from the bok choy. Cut the stalks in half lengthwise and then diagonally into 2-inch sections. Place the cut bok choy, scallions, and ginger in a bowl and toss together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce, Chinese black vinegar, sugar, and minced garlic to make the dressing. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Arrange the bok choy, scallions, and ginger on a heatproof platter and top with the salmon steaks. Pour several inches of water into a roasting pan and place the platter on top of a rack or steamer tray.
- Cover the roasting pan tightly with aluminum foil and steam the salmon and vegetables for 7 to 9 minutes, or until the fish is cooked.
- Serve the salmon and vegetables from the heatproof platter on individual plates. Drizzle the soy sauce dressing over each plate and serve with steamed rice.
This hot and sour salmon dish is a great way to enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal. The combination of the sweet and sour dressing and the tender salmon, bok choy, and scallions makes for a delicious dinner. Serve with a side of steamed rice for a complete and satisfying meal!