Do you want to whip up a delicious midweek meal with minimal effort? Then you’ve got to try this flavourful combination of chicken and potato wedges with a lemony dill sauce. It’s low-fat, quick to make and sure to tantalise your taste buds! Plus, the vibrant colours will make the dish look great on any dinner table.
- 1 pound - Red potatoes
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 4 none - Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons - Butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon - Dried dill weed
- 0.33 cup - Water
- 2 tablespoons - Lemon juice
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 dash - Pepper
- 2 tablespoons - Fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine 6 cups of water, potato wedges and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain well.
- To flatten each chicken breast half, place boned side up between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Working from the center, gently pound chicken with the flat side of a mallet or rolling pin until it's about 1/4 inch thick; remove wrap.
- Spray a 2-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Melt 1 teaspoon of the butter or margarine until bubbly. Add chicken and cook for 6 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and sprinkle with dill. Cook for an additional 3–5 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and the juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- To serve, place the cooked potatoes on a serving platter and arrange the chicken around the outer edges. Spoon the sauce over the top and sprinkle with parsley.
This low-fat meal is sure to please the whole family. With its tantalising flavours, vibrant colours and quick prep time, it’s the perfect midweek dinner. Try serving it with a side salad or steamed vegetables for a balanced and nutritious meal. Enjoy!