Are you looking for a delicious meat alternative? This Mock BBQ Pork is a vegan-friendly, flavorful option that is great as an appetizer or filling for mock-pork buns. All you need is gluten, sesame oil, tamari, water, ginger, garlic, sweetener, and five-spice powder. Follow the steps below to make this tasty dish.
- 8 - Gluten
- 1 - Toasted sesame oil
- 2 - Lite tamari
- 2 - Water
- 1 - Minced ginger
- 1 - Minced garlic
- 1 - Sweetener
- 2 - Five-spice powder
- 1 - Vegetable cooking spray
- Form the gluten into a cylinder and lightly simmer in water for at least 30 minutes until it is quite firm. Let cool and cut in small pieces in the Chinese 'roll-cut' style.
- Combine the remaining ingredients to make a marinade. Marinate the gluten pieces for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Drain gluten from marinade. Put it on the baking sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- If the gluten seems to be getting too dry, baste with the marinade.
There you have it – delicious Mock BBQ Pork! It’s perfect as an appetizer or a filling for mock-pork buns. This vegan-friendly dish is sure to please. Enjoy!