Do you want a simple and delicious side dish that’s sure to be a hit at your next gathering? Our oven-baked potato strips are just the thing. This recipe, from Georgeanne Brennan, makes a nice change from the traditional candied yam dish. The slices of sweet potatoes become crispy and slightly caramelized in the hot oven, bringing out their natural sweetness. Pile them on a heated serving platter and let guests help themselves. Some people, you will find, may enjoy eating them with their fingers.
- 3 large - Baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons - Nonfat parmesan cheese -- grated
- 1 teaspoon - Garlic powder
- 2 - Egg whites
- Cut unpeeled potatoes lengthwise into thin 1/4" strips. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine egg whites, parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Add the potatoes; toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer in a 15 x 10 x 1" baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 35 to 40 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and tender, turning several times.
These oven-baked potato strips are the perfect side dish for any meal, and are sure to be a hit with all your family and friends. Serve them hot or cold, and watch them disappear quickly! Enjoy!