Fried rice is a versatile dish that can be served as a main meal or as a side dish. This pork and snow pea fried rice recipe is a delicious stir-fry that is sure to please. The pork is marinated in a soy sauce and sherry mixture and then stir-fried with onions, snow peas, mushrooms, garlic and ginger. The egg whites and egg are scrambled and added for additional flavor and texture. The cooked and chilled rice is then stir-fried with the other ingredients and topped with green onions. This dish is a great way to use up leftover rice and it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family!
- 8 ounces - Boned center-cut loin pork chops
- 1 tablespoon - Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon - Dry sherry
- 2 large - Egg white
- 1 large - Egg
- 1 tablespoon - Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons - Dark sesame oil (divided)
- 2 cups - Onion (vertically sliced)
- 2 cups - Snow peas
- 2 cups - Sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon - Fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 cloves - Garlic (minced)
- 4 cups - Long-grain rice (cooked and chilled)
- 0.25 teaspoon - Salt
- 0.33 cup - Chopped green onions
- Trim fat from pork chops; cut pork into 2" x 1/4" strips. Combine pork, soy sauce, and sherry; cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Drain; discard sherry mixture.
- Whisk egg whites and egg together. Scramble in a pan coated with cooking spray until done. Remove egg mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a large skillet. Add pork; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until done. Remove pork from skillet; keep warm. Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil to skillet. Add sliced onions and snow peas; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove onion mixture from skillet and keep warm.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to skillet; add rice and cook for 1 minute without stirring. Stir in eggs, pork, onion mixture, and salt, and stir fry for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle each serving with green onions.
This pork and snow pea fried rice is a delicious dish that is sure to please the whole family. The combination of ingredients gives this dish its unique flavor. Serve it as a main dish or as a side. Enjoy!