Whip up a quick and easy strawberry pie without the hassle of baking. This delightful pie can be prepared in the microwave in minutes and requires minimal ingredients. The crust is made of butter, flour and sugar and the filling is made from strawberries, tapioca, sugar and orange extract. The pie is topped with a generous helping of butter, then microwaved and cooled before serving. Enjoy the great taste of a homemade pie with minimal effort!
For 1 people
- 0.5 cup - Butter
- 1.33 cups - King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons - Granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons - Confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart - Strawberries
- 0.25 cup - Quick-cooking tapioca
- 0.66 cup - Granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons - Orange extract
- Melt butter in a 9-inch microwave-proof pie plate. Add flour and sugars to pie plate and mix with fork. Use your fingers to mold the resulting dough around the sides and bottom of the plate. Prick dough with a fork, cover with waxed paper and microwave for 7 to 8 minutes, or until crust smells like shortbread.
- Mix the strawberries, tapioca, sugar and orange extract in a bowl. Stir well, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the filling into the baked pie crust. Dot generously with butter, re-cover with waxed paper, and microwave for 8 minutes, or until fruit bubbles. Leave pie in turned-off microwave a couple of minutes, then remove. Use a fork to smooth out the surface of the pie, pushing down any strawberries that aren't covered with liquid. Let pie cool somewhat before serving.
- For an easier time cutting up the strawberries, spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze. When the berries are frozen, chop them in a food processor, as coarsely or as finely as needed.
This quick and easy microwave strawberry pie is a great way to enjoy a delicious homemade pie without the hassle of baking. The great taste will leave you wanting more and you’ll be sure to impress your friends and family with this simple yet delicious dessert. Try it out and see just how easy and tasty this pie can be!