This is a delicious and simple recipe for Rosemary Flat Bread. This flatbread is made with yeast, white flour, rosemary, margarine, and other seasonings, and is the perfect vegan and vegetarian option for a delicious meal. Roasting concentrates the flavor of the asparagus, and there’s no need to fuss with a steamer. Asparagus works well with strong flavors like rosemary and garlic. Other herbs (thyme is a good choice) and aromatics (such as shallots) may be used in the same fashion.
For 16 people
- 1 Tbsp - Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp - Sugar
- 1 cups - Warm Water
- 2 1/2 cups - White Flour
- 1 Tsp - Salt
- 1 Tsp - Canola Oil
- 2 Tbsp - Margarine
- 1/4 cups - Fresh Rosemary -- Chopped (Or 2 Tbs Dried)
- 1 Tsp - Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Place the yeast, sugar and warm water in a large bowl or food processor and allow the mixture to become bubbly. Mix in 2 cups of flour and salt, then knead for about 10 minutes or process in food processor for 15 seconds until the mixture is smooth and elastic. If necessary, add more flour.
- Oil a bowl and put the dough in it. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has doubled, punch it down and divide it in half. Let the dough rest for a few minutes. Coat two 9" square cake pans with nonstick cooking spray and press the dough into them.
- Melt the margarine and brush it over the tops of the loaves. Sprinkle the rosemary over the loaves and lightly press it into the surface. Let the loaves rise again until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly sprinkle salt over the loaves and bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned.
This Rosemary Flat Bread is a delicious and simple way to bake an amazing and flavorful bread. The rosemary and margarine give it a unique taste, and the herby aroma will fill the house! Serve it warm, with some butter and a salad, for a delicious and nutritious meal, perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!