This Sicilian bread recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious Italian bread with a unique and flavorful combination of capers, raisins and sun-dried tomatoes. The bread comes out light, flavorful and is the perfect complement to any meal. The ingredients are simple and the steps are easy to follow, so anyone can make this delicious bread. Enjoy it as a snack, side or slathered with butter, honey or jam.
For 8 people
- 1.5 teaspoons - Active dry yeast
- 1.75 cup - Bread flour
- 0.5 cup - Whole-wheat flour
- 0.125 teaspoon - Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons - Capers
- 1 tablespoon - Red wine vinegar
- 0.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 2 tablespoons - Raisins
- 2 tablespoons - Chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 0.75 cup - Water
- Pour boiling water over the sun-dried tomatoes halves. Soak for 10 minutes, drain, and cool to room temperature.
- With a scissors, snip into 1/4-inch pieces. Do not use tomatoes that are reconstituted and packed in oil.
- Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual and process on the basic bread cycle according to the manufacturer's directions.
Baked to perfection, this Sicilian bread is a hearty, flavorful treat. Enjoy it as a snack, side or slathered with butter, honey or jam. Add different ingredients like dried cranberries or nuts for a tasty variation. Enjoy this delicious, traditional Italian bread anytime and make it your own with your favorite ingredients!