This Strawberry Soup #2 is a light and delicious soup that is perfect as a light meal or an appetizer. Made with fresh strawberries, red wine, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon, this soup is full of flavor and nutrition. Enjoy it with a glass of red wine for a truly delightful meal!
For 6 people
- 1.5 cups - Water
- 0.75 cups - Red wine
- 0.5 cups - Sugar
- 2 tablespoons - Lemon juice
- 1 stick - Cinnamon
- 1 quart - Strawberries (pureed)
- 0.75 cups - Land O Lakes Fat Free Half & Half(r)
- 0.25 cups - Nonfat sour cream
- In a saucepan, combine the water, red wine, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Add the strawberry puree and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the cinnamon stick and allow to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Land O Lakes Fat Free Half & Half(r) and nonfat sour cream. Gently fold this mixture into the strawberry mixture.
- Chill well before serving. Enjoy!
- Note: Raspberries, melon, or blueberries can be substituted for the strawberries.
This healthy and delicious Strawberry Soup #2 is the perfect way to enjoy the fresh flavor of strawberries. Incredibly nutritious and full of flavor, you can make this soup year round to enjoy with your family and friends. Pair with a glass of red wine to make it a truly special occasion!