Cooking fish can be a tricky process. You want to make sure that you use the freshest ingredients and that you don’t overcook the fish. You also want to make sure that you pick the best type of fish for the recipe you are using. When it comes to ingredients, it’s best to use bold herbs and spices like thyme, rosemary, marjoram, oregano, savory, allspice, ginger, chili peppers, paprika, cumin, coriander, garlic, and mustard. For milder-tasting fish, you can use dill, tarragon, basil, parsley, and chervil. Here are some tips to make sure your fish comes out perfectly cooked and delicious every time!
For 1 people
- Fish 1 lb
- Butter 1 Tbsp
- Lemon 1 slice
- Breadcrumbs 2 Tbsp
- Spices 1 tsp
- Tomatoes ½ cup
- Onions ¼ cup
- Peppers ¼ cup
- White wine 2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce 1 Tbsp
- Preheat the oven or broiler to the fullest heat and preheat for 5-10 minutes.
- Place the seafood on a metal pan about 3 to 6 inches away from the heat.
- Pour white wine or water in the pan to a depth of 1/8" to ensure that the seafood does not stick to the pan and will easily lift out.
- Lightly brush the seafood with oil or melted butter and flavor it with herbs and seasonings of your choice, adding them toward the end of the cooking time so that they don’t burn.
- Cook the fish until the flesh is opaque all the way through and “firm but bouncy”.
- Serve with a simple squeeze of lemon juice and/or the juices from the pan.
Cooking delicious, perfectly cooked fish doesn’t have to be intimidating. With the right ingredients and a few tips and tricks, you can make sure your fish comes out tasting amazing every time. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors and seasonings to bring out the best in any type of fish. Bon appétit!