Who said that vegetables and desserts don’t go together? This vegan Chocolate Zucchini cake is the perfect balance of nutritious and delicious. With vegan egg replacers, dairy free chocolate chips, and a sprinkle of brown sugar, it’s sure to be a hit! This easy to make cake is perfect for any occasion and is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- 2 cups - Finely chopped zucchini
- 0.5 cup - Spectrum spread
- 0.5 cup - Vegetable oil
- 1.75 cup - Sugar
- 2 - Egg replacers
- 1 tsp - Vanilla
- 0.5 cup - Soy milk
- 1 tsp - Lemon juice
- 2.5 cups - Flour
- 6 tablespoons - Vegan cocoa
- 0.5 tsp - Baking powder
- 1 tsp - Cinnamon
- 1 cup - Dairy free chocolate chips
- 0 - Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, oil, and sugar until combined.
- Add the egg replacers, vanilla, soy milk, and lemon juice to the mixture and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, vegan cocoa, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the zucchini.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and brown sugar over the top of the cake.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Your vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake is now ready to serve. Enjoy this scrumptious cake for any occasion. With its moist texture and subtle hints of chocolate, it will be a hit with all your guests. Serve and enjoy with a tall glass of almond milk or your favorite dairy free ice cream. Yum!