Calzones are a delicious way to enjoy a homemade vegan dinner. These calzones are packed with flavor, yet surprisingly easy to make. All you need is warm water, dry yeast, sugar, salt, and flour to make the dough. Then just knead it, let it rise, and you’re ready to fill your calzone with your favorite vegan toppings. Serve with a side salad or veggies and you have a delicious dinner that the whole family will love.
- 1 cup - Warm water
- 5.5 teaspoon - Dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon - Sugar or honey
- 5.5 teaspoon - Salt
- 10.5 cup - Flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Add salt and 1 cup of flour and stir with a wisk.
- Continue to add flour until dough is too thick to wisk, then use your hands to knead the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and slightly flatten.
- Rub top of dough with olive oil.
- Put dough in bowl, oiled side up and cover with towel or wax paper.
- Let rise in warm spot for approximately 1 hour.
- Divide dough into six parts for calzones.
Now your calzones are ready to be filled and baked! Enjoy your delicious vegan calzones with your favorite toppings, and serve with a side salad or veggies. You can also use this same dough recipe to make pizza crust, simply divide the dough in half before filling your calzones or pizza. Bon appetite!