This deliciously healthy vegetable soup is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It’s low fat, vegan, and vegetarian friendly, and it’s packed with nutrition and fiber. Plus, it’s a ‘free food’ according to Weight Watchers’ leaders and materials. It’s a great way to enjoy a satisfying meal without having to worry about calories or fat. Enjoy!
- 1 cup - Diced onion
- 8 teaspoons - Instant chicken broth granules or packets
- 8 cloves (equal to 4 tsp.) - Minced garlic
- 9 cups - Assorted sliced veggies
- 1, seeded & chopped - Tomato
- 4 teaspoons, chopped (or 1 tsp dried) - Fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon (preferably 1Tb fresh) - Dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon (preferably restaurant grind) - Pepper
- Spray a large (5+ Quart), non-stick saucepan lightly with Pam. Saute onions over medium heat until almost translucent. Add garlic and dry chicken mix. Continue cooking until onion is translucent. (I like my onions lightly browned).
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes (until vegetables are soft).
- Use a slotted spoon to remove about 2 cups of vegetables from pan; set aside.
- Allow soup to cool to room temperature. Puree remaining soup in a blender in small batches. (I plan to use my new hand blender right in the pot).
- Return pureed mixture and reserved vegetables to saucepan and heat.
This Vegetable Soup is a delicious and nutritious dish, perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It’s low fat, vegan, and vegetarian friendly and is calorie and fiber conscious. A great way to enjoy a satisfying meal while still being mindful of calories and fat. Enjoy!