This Western Pork Cutlets With Marionberry Glaze recipe is a delightful combination of flavors and textures. The pork cutlet is seasoned with a Western Spice Blend, and the marionberry preserves and balsamic vinegar add a symphony of flavor. Crispy red potatoes and asparagus are the perfect accompaniments. Enjoy this mouthwatering dish for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
For 2 people
- 6 ounces - Pork medallions cut from center rib chops
- 4 teaspoons - Western Spice Blend
- 4 small - Red potatoes, whole
- 1 pound - Fresh asparagus -- trimmed
- 2 tablespoons - Marionberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon - Balsamic vinegar preferably fig
- 1 optional - Cracked wheat poppyseed dinner rolls
- Trim the meat from the bone leaving just the center medallion of pork. Remove all visible fat. Cut the meat to give each serving 2 pieces. Rub with a Western Spice Blend containing fennel seed and set aside at room temperature.
- Rinse the potatoes. Place in microware with a cover; set aside.
- Wash the asparagus. Remove the tough white stem sections and discard. Cut the spear tips 5 to 6 inches long and reserve the remaining asparagus stalks for another purpose. Place in microware with a cover.
- Combine the berry preserves and vinegar. Set aside. Warm bread or rolls in oven (optional).
- Preheat an electric grill-iron, such as the George Foreman's two-sided grill.
- While the grill is heating, microwave the potatoes on high for 3 minutes. Put the asparagus in the oven and continue to microwave both dishes for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile position all the pork pieces on the grill. Close the lid and grill for 3 minutes. Unplug the unit. Do not allow the pork to sit more than 15 seconds in the grill before serving.
- Arrange on warm plates; drizzle some of the sauce over the pork.
This Western Pork Cutlets With Marionberry Glaze is a delicious dish that is easy to prepare. Every bite is full of flavor with the Western Spice Blend and the sweet-tangy marionberry preserves and balsamic vinegar combination. Serve with crispy red potatoes and asparagus to complete the meal. Enjoy!