This tomato soup recipe is the perfect comfort food for a cool day. It’s also very easy to make and a great way to use up leftover tomatoes. The recipe can be adapted to fit any taste, so feel free to experiment! What’s more, this soup is healthy, low-fat, and vegetarian-friendly. It’s sure to become a family favorite!
For 1 people
- 1 Quart - Home Canned Tomatoes
- A bit of - 2% Low-Fat Milk
- To taste - Salt and Pepper
- A bit of - Finely Minced Garlic
- Some - Basil, Oregano, Chives, Chopped Spinach, Onion Tops, etc.
- Put tomatoes, milk, salt, pepper, garlic, and herbs in a blender or use a hand blender to mix ingredients together, but do not puree.
- Add a bit of flour if you want a thicker soup.
- Heat the mixture to boiling, then reduce heat and simmer for a few minutes to develop the flavors.
- Serve with your favorite croutons, a hearty bread, or some shredded cheese.
This delicious tomato soup is sure to become a family favorite. It’s easy to make, healthy and low-fat, and very versatile. Experiment with the recipe to find your perfect flavor combination, and enjoy a comforting bowl of tomato soup on a cool day!