This delicious Minestrone, Chunky Style is full of flavorful ingredients and all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. The combination of Italian seasoning and saffron peppers give this dish a unique flavor. Toasting the millet seeds in butter gives it a nutty flavor and keeps it moist and succulent. Serve it with a juicy stew for a complete meal.
- 2 teaspoon - Olive oil
- 1.5 cups - Chopped onion
- 0.75 cup - Carrot, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 clove - Garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup - Long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2.5 cups - Water
- 1.25 cups - Low sodium vegetable chicken broth
- 29 ounces - No-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon - Dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups - Zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 15 ounces - Cannellini beans, canned and drained
- 10 ounces - Frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 0.25 teaspoon - Pepper
- 0.66 cup - Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, carrot, and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and next four ingredients, bringing to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and next three ingredients, cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladle into individual soup bowls, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This Minestrone, Chunky Style is a delicious and healthy dish. It’s full of flavor and nutrients, and is easy to make. Serve it with a juicy stew for a complete meal. According to the original recipe, each serving has 187 calories, 4.3g fat, 29.1g carbohydrates, 9g protein, 375mg sodium, and 21% calories from fat.