Mother Rachel’s Tortilla Soup is a Mexican style soup that is quick and easy to make. The soup has a delicious combination of vegetables, spices and meat. The tortilla chips and other toppings add great texture, flavor and color to the soup. This is a great dish to share with friends and family for dinner.
For 4 people
- 2 medium - Tomatoes
- 1 - Green pepper
- 1 medium - Onion
- 2 cloves - Garlic
- 1 - Jalapeno
- 4 cups - Chicken broth
- 1 can - Tomato soup
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon - Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon - Lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons - Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp - Chili powder
- Chicken pieces
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the diced tomatoes, green pepper, onion, garlic and jalapeno. Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato soup and seasonings to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Optionally, add the chili powder and/or chicken pieces. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Serve the soup in individual bowls and top with tortilla chips, avacado pieces, grated cheese and sour cream.
Mother Rachel’s Tortilla Soup is a great family dinner that is easy to make and delicious to eat. The combination of vegetables, spices and toppings makes this soup hearty and flavorful. If you want to add some extra protein, you can easily add chicken pieces. Enjoy!