This vegetable broth is a great way to add some flavor to your dishes. It is made by roasting the vegetables in the oven, then simmering them in a pot with some herbs and spices. The result is a delicious and nutritious vegan broth, perfect for soups and stews. Try this recipe today and enjoy a healthy and flavorful meal.
For 8 people
- 1 large - Onion
- 6 - Garlic cloves
- 2 - Leeks with 1-inch of the greens
- 4 large - Carrots
- 1 - Parsnip
- 1 small - Turnip
- 1 - Fennel bulb
- 1/2 pound - Button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon - Olive oil
- 1 cup - Water or dry white wine
- 2 quarts - Water
- 1 ounce - Parsley sprigs
- 1/2 pound - Cabbage
- 1 - Bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - Black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon - Dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon - Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the onion, garlic, leeks, carrots, parsnip, turnip, fennel, and mushrooms in a large roasting pan and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast the vegetables, stirring two or three times, until browned, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer them to a large stockpot. Deglaze the roasting pan with 1 cup of water or wine, scraping up all the browned bits clinging to the pan. Pour this liquid into the pot with the vegetables.
- Add the 2 quarts water, the parsley, cabbage, bay leaf, peppercorns, and savory. Bring to a boil, then simmer the stock for 1.5 hours.
- Strain the stock, pressing down on the vegetables. Season to taste with salt.
This Roasted Vegetable Broth #2 is a great vegan option for soups and stews. The roasted vegetables provide a savory flavor and the herbs and spices give it an extra kick. Enjoy this flavorful and nutritious broth with your favorite dishes. Serve it hot for a comforting meal on a cold day.